Subscribe:

Pages

Friday, 27 January 2017


Silver Cross Wayfarer



Silver Cross Wayfarer is one of the most popular pushchairs these days. Last year I figured I had to try it out and see what all the fuss was about. I already know Silver Cross prams are mostly amazing with some small flaws so I was curious how the Wayfarer worked for us. I heard some people had issues with the front wheels but Silver Cross changed them and the Wayfarer I had was free of those problems.
So without further ado, here's my list of pros and cons.

Pros:
- versatile from birth to toddler pram with carrycot included, can buy the Simplicity car seat and isofix base separately to make a travel system
- easy to change the look of it with the many gorgeous colour packs (canopy and apron) and liners
- easy to push even one handed on regular pavements and smooth floors
- adjustable leg rest
- one hand recline
- height adjustable handlebar
- easy folding and unfolding
- gate opening bumper bar
- large sun canopy

Cons:
- wheels are too small to cope with uneven terrains
- heavy up kerbs
- smallish basket
- annoying harness (like all Silver Cross in my opinion), shoulder and hip straps need connecting to put in the buckle and it's too tricky to do with a wriggly toddler.

In my personal opinion the Wayfarer is a very decent and close to perfect urban pram. The child will always be comfortable and safe in it and it looks fantastic. The harnesses on all Silver Cross prams are the same and I really don't like them but if you can get used to them I doubt there's much that you won't like about the Wayfarer. If you're after a pram with more substantial wheels that can cope with uneven terrains I'd recommend trying the Pioneer which is basically the big brother of the Wayfarer. Same seat, same colour packs but larger all terrain wheels and much bigger basket.














































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *