Subscribe:

Pages

Sunday, 13 September 2015


Easywalker MINI




I have to admit I have been trying to write a review of the Easywalker MINI for months now and am no closer to doing it. It's been discontinued a while back and there's a new Mosey out which is a major improvement on the old MINI and so I will just give some pros and cons of the old model.

The old Easywalker MINI was a very very expensive pushchair. The set I had cost just over 1k. This included the reversible seat, carrycot, footmuff, changing bag, bumper bar and car seat adapters. It's a top end pushchair and the quality was second to none. 
However the old MINI had some very big drawbacks that proved to be too much for me and sadly I had to sell it on.


Pros:
- the looks 
- very compact freestanding fold with the seat in place in either direction
- quality 
- fabrics, the most amazing plush footmuff and liner I've seen
- wheels, looked too small to handle anything but they proved amazing, all 4 wheels are air filled tyres
- leather covered handlebar with many height adjustments to suit parents of all sizes 
- versatility with the parent or world facing seat, carrycot and car seat adapters to form a travel system
- height adjustable sun canopy that could be tucked away behind the seat completely
- easy recline on the seat (not a full recline, seat suitable from 6 months old and perfect for napping)
- deep, foldable carrycot although a bit narrow.

Cons:
- biggest problem - handling, very very hard to push/steer one handed, veers on even the slightest slope, easy to push with 2 hands but slow to take corners
- not much of a suspension which makes it a bumpy ride
- small sun canopy that gives almost no sun protection
- small, inaccessible shopping basket
- very awkward mechanisms to turn the seat round
- reclined seat, in the most upright position the seat is much more reclined than other pushchairs
- no leg support
- impossible to get it up kerbs, even with my full body weight and all the strength I have I couldn't lift the front wheels of the ground with the seat parent facing and had to put my foot on the rear axle to do it
- bad weight distribution, too much of a difference in performance depending on which direction the seat is in, the pushchair is easier/lighter to push and steer and get up kerbs with the seat world facing
- bumper bar can only be used with the seat world facing.


Overall I absolutely loved the idea of the MINI and loved some of its features. I even bought another one when the baby was 6 months old but I still couldn't live with the heavy push/steering and got rid of the second one as well. 
The new model - Mosey has had quite a few changes and is supposed to be better with leg support and much larger sun canopy but Easywalker also changed the position the seat sits in when parent facing and it just doesn't look right to me. The seat is far too close to the handlebar now. They also changed the fantastic air filled wheels for puncture proof foam wheels. I hope Easywalker will keep up their work as they already came up with something most manufacturers struggle with and that is an all terrain small folding pushchair with a reversible seat! Maybe the next generation of the MINI/Mosey will be even better!



















































































































These were my own pushchairs. All opinions are as always my own.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *