Subscribe:

Pages

Friday, 20 March 2015

Mamas&Papas Armadillo Flip XT review








The Mamas&Papas Armadillo Flip XT is one of those special pushchairs that can and will be the only pushchair you need from birth to when the child's walking independently. Many pushchairs promise to do that but fail for different reasons. I've used The Mamas&Papas Armadillo Flip XT with  my 11 weeks old and my 3,5 year old and it was absolutely brilliant. The pushchair features a true lie flat seat that can also go bolt upright for an older toddler. The seat is also massive, one of the biggest I've seen on a parent facing pushchair. The harness also accommodates newborns and toddlers with ease. The canopy is truly impressive and has a peek-a-boo window. Add the huge easy to access shopping basket, comfortable leather covered adjustable handle and ONE HAND fold and you start wondering why it's taken this long to make this beauty :)
The Mamas&Papas Armadillo Flip XT and it's sister Armadillo Flip are absolutely spot on. The XT version has an adjustable handle and bigger wheels, they're still solid though and I have to say that being a fan of off-road pushchair I did miss a bit of suspension when pushing The Mamas&Papas Armadillo Flip XT on our uneven pavements but it's a very small price to pay.

Have a look at all the photos to see the fold and the seat parent and forward facing in reclined and upright positions.




































































Shop for Armadillo Flip XT here: http://www.mamasandpapas.com/cat/armadillo-flip-xt/

Also check the rest of the Armadillo Family here: http://www.mamasandpapas.com/cat/armadillo-family/


I wasn't paid for writing about the Armadillo Flip XT. All opinions are as always my own.

10 comments:

Zhong Li said...

Hi, I am struggling to pick armadillo flip xt or cybex priam.XT has good idea, but i really worry about its quality. cybex priam is so nice, but no review. How would you choose?

Zhong Li said...

Hi, I am struggling to pick armadillo flip xt or cybex priam.XT has good idea, but i really worry about its quality. cybex priam is so nice, but no review. How would you choose?

Milena Jaros said...

Hello!
To be honest they're very different pushchairs and there's a huge price difference between the 2.
I guess it comes down to what you expect from the pushchair. The Armadillo Flip XT folds smaller and with one hand, it's great for people on the go, in and out of cars or on public transport. The PRIAM would be more suited to someone who walks a lot in my opinion. If you can get to a store that has them both for you to try it would make it easier to make a decision. Quality wise they're both great but I'd personally go with PRIAM for the amazing looks :)
I hope you can find the right one for you and your little one!

Zhong Li said...

Dear Milena Jaros, thank you so much for your reply. The biggest problem for me is I lives in HK, I have no chance to see real XT or Priam, I have to order them from germany, the interesting thing is because VAT free for both stroller from Germany website, the price difference is only within 200 USD . Actually speaking, I do like XT a lot before, but after I checked some reviews and comments, it looks the quality of their products are not sturdy, this is the only point I worried about. As we are in HK, we will have no chance to repair, we have to find some good product with high quality. So until one day, I recognize cybex priam, I have no worry about its quality at all (Germany brand), the only thing I worry about whether or not it is too heavy or big.

Milena Jaros said...

The Armadillo Flip XT and all the other pushchairs from the Mamas&Papas Armadillo Family are very good quality, I was quite pleasantly surprised with how good they are. But saying I don't think I'd choose one over a CYBEX PRIAM. CYBEX are well known for their quality and durability in all their products. Customer services are also above expectations and I have no doubt you will be happy with the PRIAM if you decide to buy it.

MsCyn said...

What about the XT compared to the Cybex Bailas? They seem to be similar strollers but the Bailas is about $100 less. However, it's only been out about a month here so no one can tell me anything about it.

Milena Jaros said...

Yes, they're similar. Only real difference are the wheels, the Balios M can tackle more challenging terrain, the Flip XT is to me still an urban pushchair. Also the Flip XT has a lie flat seat that some parents prefer whereas the Balios M is a bucket type seat and is suitable from 6 months. I'd definitely go to a store and try both out if you can :)

MsCyn said...

Thanks for the info. I didn't think about the bucket style seat.

Evita Rusmane said...

In photo older boy looks very big for a armadillo flip xt. Does he still feels comfortable in it? Just asking, as I am buying armadillo flip xt for my four years old autistic son with a hope he will still fit in( and he is quite tall)?

Milena Jaros said...

My son was 3.5 years old here and about 103 cm tall, he fitted in the seat very well, the seat is deep and the seat back is tall enough, he fitted under the canopy as well. Unfortunately I only had the Armadillo Flip XT for a short time for the review. If you're unsure about your son fitting in it I'd suggest going to a store and trying him in would be the best way to find out. It all depends on how tall he is as he might not have enough growing room for the pushchair to last. The canopy would be great though if he needs to rest from all the excitement around him. If you go onto www.bestbuggy.co.uk the lady who runs it has a little boy who is 5 now and due to special needs still uses a pushchair a lot and she has photos of him and his older sister in quite a few pushchairs including the Armadillo Flip.

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *